News
PCB not strong enough to boycott ICC Tournaments – Danish Kaneria

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary and Asian Cricket Council (ACC) president Jay Shah issued a major statement last month saying that the Indian team will not travel to Pakistan for the next Asia Cup for any reason.
Ramis Raja, the current chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), did not take it lightly as the board immediately issued a counter-statement saying that Pakistan would not participate in the 2023 50-over World Cup to be hosted in India if India did not come to play the Asia Cup in Pakistan.
On Friday, November 25, Raja announced that the Pakistan team would not travel to India for the ODI World Cup next year if the Indian team decided to boycott next year’s Asia Cup.
It has created a lot of controversy in the world of cricket. Former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria says the Pakistan Cricket Board does not have the guts to boycott an ICC event. The former cricketer also mentioned how losing the Asia Cup would not deter India, but missing a global tournament would have a negative impact on Pakistan.
“PCB does not have enough guts to boycott an ICC event. On the other hand, it doesn’t matter if India doesn’t visit Pakistan. They have a huge market which earns them huge income. India’s absence for the World Cup will have a big impact on Pakistan.
Pakistan will finally go to India for the World Cup. Officials will say that there was no other option because of pressure from the ICC. If they repeatedly talk about skipping an ICC event, it will hurt Pakistan cricket badly,” the 41-year-old said.
ICC තරගාවලියක් වර්ජනය කිරීමට PCB හට ප්රමාණවත් තරම් හැකියාවක් නැත – Danish Kaneria
ඉන්දීය ක්රිකට් පාලක මණ්ඩලයේ (BCCI) ලේකම් සහ ආසියානු ක්රිකට් කවුන්සිලයේ (ACC) සභාපති ජේ ෂා පසුගිය මාසයේ ප්රධාන ප්රකාශයක් නිකුත් කරමින් කියා සිටියේ ඉන්දීය කණ්ඩායම කිසිම හේතුවක් මත මීළඟ ආසියානු කුසලාන තරඟාවලිය සඳහා පාකිස්තානයට නොයන බවයි.
පකිස්ථාන ක්රිකට් මණ්ඩලයේ (PCB) වත්මන් ප්රධානියා වන රමිස් රාජා එය සැහැල්ලුවට ගත්තේ නැත, මන්ද මණ්ඩලය වහාම ප්රති-ප්රකාශයක් නිකුත් කරමින් කියා සිටියේ ඉන්දියාව පකිස්ථානයේ පැවැත්වෙන ආසියානු කුසලානය ක්රීඩා කිරීමට නොපැමිණියේ නම් පාකිස්තානය ඉන්දියාවේදී සංවිධානය කිරීමට නියමිත 2023 වර්ශයේ පන්දුවාර 50 ලෝක කුසලානයට සහභාගී නොවේ.
ඉන්දීය කණ්ඩායම ලබන වසරේ පැවැත්වෙන ආසියානු කුසලානය වර්ජනය කිරීමට තීරණය කළහොත්, ඊළඟ වසරේ පැවැත්වෙන එක්දින ලෝක කුසලානය සඳහා පාකිස්තාන කණ්ඩායම ඉන්දියාවට නොයන බව ප්රකාශ කරමින් නොවැම්බර් 25 සිකුරාදා රාජා ප්රකාශ කරනු ලැබීය.
එය ක්රිකට් ලෝකය තුළ මහත් ආන්දෝලනයක් ඇති කර තිබේ. ICC උත්සවයක් වර්ජනය කිරීමට පාකිස්තාන ක්රිකට් පාලක මණ්ඩලයට ධෛර්යයක් නොමැති බව පාකිස්තානයේ හිටපු පා දඟ පන්දු යවන ක්රීඩක ඩනිෂ් කනේරියා පවසයි. ආසියානු කුසලානය අහිමි වීම ඉන්දියාවට බාධාවක් නොවන නමුත් ගෝලීය තරඟාවලියක් මග හැරීම පකිස්ථානයට අහිතකර බලපෑමක් ඇති කරන ආකාරය ගැනද හිටපු ක්රිකට් ක්රීඩකයා සඳහන් කළේය.
“ICC උත්සවයක් වර්ජනය කිරීමට PCB හට ප්රමාණවත් තරම් ධෛර්යයක් නොමැත. අනෙක් අතට ඉන්දියාව පකිස්තානය නොආවත් කමක් නැත. ඔවුන්ට විශාල ආදායමක් උපයන විශාල වෙළෙඳපොළක් තිබෙනවා. ලෝක කුසලානය සඳහා ඉන්දියාවට නොපැමිණීම පාකිස්තානයට විශාල බලපෑමක් ඇති කරයි.
පාකිස්තානය අවසානයේ ලෝක කුසලානය සඳහා ඉන්දියාවට යනු ඇත. අයි.සී.සී.යෙන් බලපෑම් එල්ල වූ නිසා වෙනත් විකල්පයක් නොතිබුණු බව නිලධාරීන් පවසනු ඇත. ඔවුන් නැවත නැවතත් ICC උත්සවයක් මඟ හැරීම ගැන කතා කළහොත් එය පාකිස්තාන ක්රිකට් වලට දැඩි හානියක් වනු ඇත, ”41 හැවිරිදි ඔහු පැවසීය.
ICC போட்டியை புறக்கணிக்கும் அளவுக்கு PCB பலம் இல்லை – Danish Kaneria
இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் கட்டுப்பாட்டு வாரியத்தின் (பிசிசிஐ) செயலாளரும், ஆசிய கிரிக்கெட் கவுன்சிலின் (ஏசிசி) தலைவருமான ஜெய் ஷா கடந்த மாதம் ஒரு முக்கிய அறிக்கையை வெளியிட்டார், எந்த காரணத்திற்காகவும் இந்திய அணி அடுத்த ஆசிய கோப்பைக்கு பாகிஸ்தானுக்கு செல்லாது என்று கூறினார்.
பாகிஸ்தான் கிரிக்கெட் வாரியத்தின் (பிசிபி) தற்போதைய தலைவரான ரமிஸ் ராஜா அதை எளிதாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளவில்லை, ஏனெனில் வாரியம் உடனடியாக எதிர் அறிக்கையை வெளியிட்டது, இந்தியா 2023 இல் இந்தியாவில் நடத்தப்படும் 50 ஓவர் உலகக் கோப்பையில் பாகிஸ்தான் பங்கேற்காது. பாகிஸ்தானில் நடந்த ஆசிய கோப்பையில் விளையாட வரவில்லை.
நவம்பர் 25, வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, இந்திய அணி அடுத்த ஆண்டு ஆசிய கோப்பையை புறக்கணிக்க முடிவு செய்தால், அடுத்த ஆண்டு ஒருநாள் உலகக் கோப்பைக்காக பாகிஸ்தான் அணி இந்தியாவுக்குச் செல்லாது என்று ராஜா அறிவித்தார்.
இது கிரிக்கெட் உலகில் பெரும் சர்ச்சையை ஏற்படுத்தியுள்ளது. ஐசிசி போட்டியை புறக்கணிக்கும் தைரியம் பாகிஸ்தான் கிரிக்கெட் வாரியத்திற்கு இல்லை என பாகிஸ்தான் முன்னாள் லெக் ஸ்பின்னர் டேனிஷ் கனேரியா தெரிவித்துள்ளார். முன்னாள் கிரிக்கெட் வீரர் ஆசியக் கோப்பையை எவ்வாறு இழப்பது இந்தியாவைத் தடுக்காது, ஆனால் உலகளாவிய போட்டியைத் தவறவிடுவது பாகிஸ்தானுக்கு எதிர்மறையான தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தும் என்றும் குறிப்பிட்டார்.
“ஐசிசி நிகழ்வைப் புறக்கணிக்க பிசிபிக்கு போதுமான தைரியம் இல்லை. மறுபுறம், பாகிஸ்தானுக்கு இந்தியா செல்லாவிட்டாலும் பரவாயில்லை. அவர்களுக்கு ஒரு பெரிய சந்தை உள்ளது, அது அவர்களுக்கு பெரும் வருமானத்தை ஈட்டுகிறது. உலகக் கோப்பையில் இந்தியா இல்லாதது பாகிஸ்தானுக்கு பெரும் பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தும்.
உலகக் கோப்பைக்காக பாகிஸ்தான் இறுதியாக இந்தியா செல்கிறது. ஐசிசியின் அழுத்தம் காரணமாக வேறு வழியில்லை என்று அதிகாரிகள் கூறுவார்கள். ஐசிசி நிகழ்வைத் தவிர்ப்பது பற்றி அவர்கள் மீண்டும் மீண்டும் பேசினால், அது பாகிஸ்தான் கிரிக்கெட்டை மோசமாக பாதிக்கும்” என்று 41 வயதான அவர் கூறினார்.
Football
Stafford vs. Colombo International: The Second Edition of the Big Match Kicks Off!
Football fever returns as Stafford International School and Colombo International School gear up for the second edition of their highly anticipated Big Match! This year, the rivalry intensifies with four matches across different age and gender categories:
✅ U15 Girls
✅ U15 Boys
✅ U20 Girls
✅ U20 Boys
🏆 Stafford International’s Rising Stars:
- U15 Girls: Defending TISSL U14 and Colombo SLSFA District champions, featuring standout players like Keshalee Ranatunga and Sonja Ratanayake (just 10 years old!).
- U15 Boys: All-Island U14 runners-up out of 462 schools, led by goalkeeper Yash Amarasekara, who was named Best U14 GK in Sri Lanka.
- U20 Girls & Boys: Both teams finished as TISSL runners-up, boasting stars like Raya Rikaz, Yumna Safraz, Adnaan Ameen, and Nidurshan Mohan.
🏆 Colombo International’s Key Players:
- U15 Girls: TISSL U16 runners-up, featuring top defender Khadeeja Niyas and striker Ozra.
- U20 Girls: TISSL U20 runners-up, with Fioni Dedhia named Goalkeeper of the Tournament.
- U20 Boys: Defending Big Match champions, looking to retain their title behind stars like Krishwen and Habib.
👀 Who will come out on top this time? Watch the action LIVE at the link below! 🎥👇
#BigMatch2025 #SchoolFootball #SriLankaFootball #StaffordVsCIS #RivalryRenewed
Cricket
Shammi Silva Re-Elected as Sri Lanka Cricket President for Fourth Consecutive Term
Shammi Silva has been re-elected as the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) president for the 2025-27 term, marking his fourth consecutive tenure at the helm of the nation’s cricket governing body. Silva secured the position uncontested at the 64th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in Colombo on Monday.
A Controversial Yet Dominant Tenure
Silva’s leadership has not been without controversy. His previous term saw a high-profile clash with former Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe in 2023, which led to an interim committee being appointed after Sri Lanka’s poor performance in the ICC ODI World Cup. This move resulted in ICC suspending SLC, which led to Sri Lanka losing the hosting rights for the U19 Men’s World Cup, which was later held in South Africa.
Despite these setbacks, Silva regained control after a court ruling reinstated his administration, and he was later appointed as the president of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in December 2023, replacing Jay Shah.
Challenges & Future Outlook
Sri Lanka Cricket has long been seen as a powerful and influential body, with internal politics often shaping its leadership. With financial mismanagement concerns highlighted in the Auditor General’s report, Silva’s administration faces the challenge of restoring credibility and ensuring better governance.
With the ICC ban lifted, Sri Lanka looks to rebuild its cricketing structure and improve performance on the international stage. The focus now shifts to upcoming bilateral series, the Asia Cup, and preparations for the 2027 ICC Cricket World Cup.
Stay tuned for more updates on Sri Lanka Cricket and the latest in the world of sports!
Cricket
Stephen Fleming Defends MS Dhoni’s Batting Position Amid Criticism
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) head coach Stephen Fleming has defended MS Dhoni’s late entry in the batting order, stating that the legendary wicketkeeper-batsman cannot play an extended innings at full intensity due to lingering knee concerns.
The 43-year-old Dhoni faced criticism after coming in at No. 9 during CSK’s 50-run loss to Royal Challengers Bengaluru at Chepauk. In the next match against Rajasthan Royals on March 30, 2025, he batted at No. 7 when CSK required 54 off 25 balls but managed just 16 off 11 as his team fell short by six runs.
Fleming’s Explanation on Dhoni’s Role
Fleming emphasized that Dhoni carefully assesses the match situation before deciding when to bat.
“It’s all about timing. MS judges his body and situation. His knees aren’t what they used to be, so he can’t bat for 10 overs at full intensity. He will step in based on the game’s demands,” Fleming explained at the post-match press conference.
The CSK coach reiterated that Dhoni remains too valuable to the team for his leadership and wicketkeeping and that sending him in too early could be a strategic misstep.
“From around the 13th or 14th over, he assesses the situation and decides. He trusts other batters early on but steps up when needed.”
CSK’s Struggles in the Powerplay Cost Them the Match
Fleming also pinpointed CSK’s poor powerplay performance as a key reason for their loss against Rajasthan Royals. While RR blasted 79/1 in the powerplay, CSK only managed 42/1,
-
Live3 years ago
Live Broadcast of Syria vs Sri Lanka | AFC U23 Asian Championship Qualification
-
Football2 months ago
Sri Lanka Schools National Championship 2025: Super 8 Fixtures and Grouping
-
Football3 months ago
FFSL Rebrands Division-1 as ‘League-One’ with a Bold New Vision
-
Cricket2 months ago
Sri Lanka vs Australia 2nd Test: Spin to Dominate as Galle Pitch Set to Turn
-
Football3 months ago
Sri Lanka Football: Upcoming AFC Asian Cup Qualification Matches & Fixtures
-
Football1 month ago
Sri Lanka Schools National Championship 2024: Super Eight Round Concludes – Semifinalists Confirmed!
-
Football3 months ago
Erling Haaland Signs Record-Breaking 9.5-Year Contract Extension with Manchester City
-
Cricket3 months ago
Kumar Sangakkara to Lead Sri Lanka in International Masters League (IML) 2025