News
FIFA lifts ban on All Indian Football Federation…
FIFA has lifted the suspension imposed on the All India Football Federation (AIFF) earlier this month for undue third-party influence, world football’s governing body said on Friday.
The initial problem started with the overstaying of the former AIFF President without holding an election and the Committee of Administration did not follow the instruction given by the FIFA and High Court.
The lifting of the ban will enable the U-17 Women’s World Cup, which was scheduled to be held in India from October 11 to 30, to be held in the country as planned.
“The FIFA Council Bureau has decided to lift the ban imposed on the All India Football Federation (AIFF) due to unauthorized third party influence,” FIFA said in a statement.
“This decision has been taken following confirmation to FIFA that the administration period of the Committee of Administrators constituted to take over the powers of the AIFF Executive Committee has ended and the AIFF administration has regained full control of the day-to-day affairs of the AIFF.
“Consequently, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 scheduled to be held from 11-30 October 2022 will be held in India as planned,” FIFA said it and the AFC will continue to monitor the situation and support the AIFF in holding its elections on time.
FIFA විසින් සමස්ත ඉන්දීය පාපන්දු සම්මේලනයේ තහනම ඉවත් කරයි…
අනවශ්ය තෙවන පාර්ශවීය බලපෑම් හේතුවෙන් මේ මස මුලදී සමස්ත ඉන්දීය පාපන්දු සම්මේලනය (AIFF) වෙත පනවා තිබූ අත්හිටුවීම FIFA විසින් ඉවත් කර ඇති බව ලෝක පාපන්දු පාලක මණ්ඩලය සිකුරාදා ප්රකාශ කළේය.
මැතිවරණයක් නොපවත්වා AIFF හිටපු සභාපතිවරයා තවදුරටත් රැඳී සිටීමත් සමඟ මූලික ගැටලුව ආරම්භ වූ අතර පරිපාලන කමිටුව FIFA සහ මහාධිකරණය ලබා දුන් උපදෙස් පිළිපැදීමෙන් කටයුතු නොකළේය.
තහනම ඉවත් කිරීමෙන් ඔක්තෝබර් 11 සිට 30 දක්වා ඉන්දියාවේ පැවැත්වීමට නියමිතව තිබූ වයස අවුරුදු 17න් පහළ කාන්තා ලෝක කුසලානය සැලසුම් කළ පරිදි රට තුළ පැවැත්වීමට හැකියාව ලැබේ.
“අනවසර තෙවන පාර්ශවීය බලපෑම් හේතුවෙන් සමස්ත ඉන්දීය පාපන්දු සම්මේලනයට (AIFF) පනවා තිබූ තහනම ඉවත් කිරීමට FIFA කවුන්සිලයේ කාර්යාංශය තීරණය කර ඇත” යනුවෙන් FIFA නිවේදනයක් නිකුත් කරමින් කියා සිටියේය.
“AIFF විධායක කමිටුවේ බලතල භාර ගැනීම සඳහා පිහිටුවන ලද පරිපාලකයින්ගේ කමිටුවේ පරිපාලන කාලය අවසන් කර ඇති බවත් AIFF පරිපාලනය AIFF හි දෛනික කටයුතුවල පූර්ණ පාලනය නැවත ලබාගෙන ඇති බවත් FIFA වෙත තහවුරු වීමෙන් පසුව මෙම තීරණය ගෙන ඇත.
“ප්රතිඵලයක් ලෙස, 2022 ඔක්තෝබර් 11-30 දිනවල පැවැත්වීමට නියමිත FIFA U-17 කාන්තා ලෝක කුසලානය 2022 සැලසුම් කළ පරිදි ඉන්දියාවේ පැවැත්වීමට නියමිතය.” FIFA ප්රකාශ කළේය සහ AFC තත්ත්වය දිගටම අධීක්ෂණය කරන අතර නියමිත වේලාවට එහි මැතිවරණ පැවැත්වීම සඳහා AIFF වෙත සහාය දෙන බවයි.
அகில இந்திய கால்பந்து சம்மேளனத்தின் மீதான தடையை FIFA நீக்கியுள்ளது…
தேவையற்ற மூன்றாம் தரப்பு செல்வாக்கிற்காக அகில இந்திய கால்பந்து கூட்டமைப்பு (AIFF) மீது விதிக்கப்பட்ட இடைநீக்கத்தை FIFA இந்த மாத தொடக்கத்தில் நீக்கியுள்ளது என்று உலக கால்பந்து நிர்வாகக் குழு வெள்ளிக்கிழமை தெரிவித்துள்ளது.
AIFF முன்னாள் தலைவர் தேர்தலை நடத்தாமல் அதிக காலம் நீடிப்பதால் ஆரம்ப பிரச்சனை தொடங்கியது மற்றும் FIFA மற்றும் உயர்நீதிமன்றம் வழங்கிய அறிவுறுத்தல்களை நிர்வாகக் குழு பின்பற்றாமல் நடந்துகொண்டதும் இதட்கு காரணமாகும்.
தடை நீக்கப்பட்டதன் மூலம் இந்தியாவில் அக்டோபர் 11 முதல் 30 வரை நடைபெறவிருந்த யு-17 மகளிர் உலகக் கோப்பையை திட்டமிட்டபடி நாட்டில் நடத்த முடியும்.
“அங்கீகரிக்கப்படாத மூன்றாம் தரப்பு செல்வாக்கு காரணமாக அகில இந்திய கால்பந்து கூட்டமைப்பு (AIFF) மீது விதிக்கப்பட்ட தடையை நீக்க FIFA கவுன்சில் பணியகம் முடிவு செய்துள்ளது” என்று FIFA ஒரு அறிக்கையில் தெரிவித்துள்ளது.
“AIFF செயற்குழுவின் அதிகாரங்களை கையகப்படுத்த அமைக்கப்பட்ட நிர்வாகிகள் குழுவின் நிர்வாக காலம் முடிவடைந்துள்ளது மற்றும் AIFF நிர்வாகம் தினசரி விவகாரங்களில் முழுக் கட்டுப்பாட்டை மீட்டுள்ளது என்பதை FIFA க்கு உறுதிப்படுத்தியதைத் தொடர்ந்து இந்த முடிவு எடுக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. AIFF.
“இதன் விளைவாக, 2022 அக்டோபர் 11 முதல் 30 வரை நடைபெறவிருந்த FIFA U-17 மகளிர் உலகக் கோப்பை 2022 திட்டமிட்டபடி இந்தியாவில் நடைபெறும்.” ஃபிஃபாவும், AFC யும் தொடர்ந்து நிலைமையைக் கண்காணித்து, AIFFக்குத் தேர்தலை சரியான நேரத்தில் நடத்துவதற்கு ஆதரவளிப்பதாகக் கூறியது.

Cricket
Sri Lanka ‘A’ Women Cruise Past New Zealand ‘A’ Behind Vishmi, Dewmi Show
Vishmi Gunaratne produced a composed unbeaten half-century while Dewmi Vihanga starred with the ball as Sri Lanka ‘A’ Women secured a dominant 56-run victory over New Zealand ‘A’ Women in the second unofficial ODI at the Dambulla International Stadium on Saturday.
Batting first in the 20-over encounter, the hosts recovered from a few middle-order setbacks to post an imposing 152 for 5, with Vishmi anchoring the innings brilliantly.
Sri Lanka made a lively start through Sanjana Kavindi, who attacked the New Zealand bowlers early with a quickfire 27 off 20 balls, striking six boundaries before falling to Jess Watkin.
Vishmi then took charge of the innings, combining caution with timely aggression to keep the scoreboard moving. The left-hander found strong support from Vimoksha Balasuriya, who added 33 off 27 deliveries with two fours and two sixes during an important middle-order stand.
Although Sri Lanka lost a cluster of wickets late in the innings, Dewmi Vihanga’s explosive finish gave the innings further momentum. Dewmi blasted an unbeaten 14 from only three balls, including a six and two boundaries, helping the hosts finish strongly at the death.
New Zealand ‘A’ began the chase poorly and struggled to recover after losing wickets regularly against disciplined Sri Lankan bowling.
Captain Jess Watkin was dismissed in the opening over before Chamudi Praboda removed both Kate Anderson and JA Watkins to leave the visitors under pressure.
The innings never gained stability as Sri Lanka tightened their grip through the middle overs. Dewmi Vihanga then delivered the decisive blows, dismissing Tash Wakelin, Bella Armstrong and the dangerous Emma Black to effectively end New Zealand’s hopes.
Emma Black provided the lone resistance with an aggressive 28 off 20 balls, but the visitors were eventually bowled out for 96 in 19.5 overs.
Dewmi finished with impressive figures of 3 for 19 while Chamudi Praboda supported well with 2 for 15 as Sri Lanka ‘A’ completed a comprehensive all-round performance.
Cricket
Ex-Selection Head Seeks Written Clarification From Sports Ministry
Former national selector and ex-fast bowler Pramodya Wickramasinghe has sought an official explanation from the Sports Ministry and Sri Lanka Cricket following reports that his tenure as chairman of the national selection panel had been cut short ahead of schedule.
In a letter sent on May 21 to Sports Minister Sunil Kumara Gamage, Wickramasinghe said he had only been verbally informed about discussions surrounding a move to end his appointment early and reorganize the Selection Committee structure.
The development comes just a day before the appointment of a new national selection panel by the Sports Ministry on Thursday, effectively replacing the existing committee.
Wickramasinghe stated that his appointment had originally been approved in December 2025 for a fixed two-year term. He noted that, despite widespread reports regarding the restructuring, he had not received any formal written communication confirming the termination of his role.
In his letter, Wickramasinghe requested that either the ministry or Sri Lanka Cricket provide official written notification outlining the decision and the administrative grounds for ending his contract before its expiry.
He stressed that proper communication was essential to maintain transparency and professionalism during the transition process.
“In order to ensure that all administrative transitions are handled with the utmost transparency, adherence to proper protocol, and mutual respect, I kindly and respectfully request that your office or Sri Lanka Cricket provide me with formal, written notification of this decision,” Wickramasinghe stated in the letter.
The former selection chief further said that receiving formal confirmation would allow him to complete his duties in an orderly manner and ensure that official records accurately reflected the end of his tenure.
Cricket
New Sri Lanka Cricket Chiefs Promise Sweeping Reforms
Sri Lanka Cricket’s interim administration has launched a major clean-up operation after uncovering what officials describe as extensive financial mismanagement within the governing body.
Speaking at his first press conference since taking charge last month, interim president Eran Wickramaratne announced that a forensic audit had been ordered to examine the organisation’s accounts in detail.
According to Wickramaratne, the scale of the suspected irregularities exceeded initial expectations, prompting urgent calls for structural reforms and tighter oversight within Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).
The current administration was appointed by the government of President Anura Kumara Dissanayake following the resignation of the previous elected committee in April. The move sparked concerns over possible disciplinary action from the International Cricket Council (ICC), which prohibits political interference in cricket boards.
Sri Lanka Cricket had previously faced a two-month suspension from the ICC in 2023 under similar circumstances.
However, Wickramaratne said discussions with the global governing body had been positive and cooperative.
“Our engagement with the ICC has been constructive from the beginning,” he said. “We have kept the process transparent, and they have encouraged reforms carried out through proper and open procedures.”
The interim administration is now working on introducing a new constitution designed to strengthen governance and prevent individuals or groups from holding influence over the board for extended periods.
The resignation of former SLC president Shammi Silva and his committee cleared the way for the latest restructuring effort, which comes amid wider criticism over the board’s management and the national team’s recent performances.
Sri Lanka’s early exit from this year’s T20 World Cup jointly hosted with India intensified public frustration and added pressure for change within the country’s cricket establishment.
-
Football1 year agoSri Lanka Schools National Championship 2025: Super 8 Fixtures and Grouping
-
News1 year ago2025 Schools Rugby Season Set to Thrill Fans with Knockout and League Action
-
Cricket12 months agoNuwan Thushara Shines as RCB Storms into IPL 2025 Final
-
Cricket1 year agoSri Lanka’s Greatest Cricketers: Top Batters and Bowlers of All Time
-
Live5 years agoLive Broadcast of Syria vs Sri Lanka | AFC U23 Asian Championship Qualification
-
News12 months agoMajor Shake-Up in Sports Governance: New 2025 Regulations Reform National Sports Bodies in Sri Lanka
-
Football1 year agoFFSL Rebrands Division-1 as ‘League-One’ with a Bold New Vision
-
Football1 year agoSri Lanka Announces U19 Football Squad for SAFF Championship 2025


